Monday, September 16, 2013

Teaching reading like my mama taught me!

The goal of this blog is to provide tools that will make kids LOVE reading again. My mom helped make learning to read an adventure! Every week my mother, my brother, and I drove to the library and picked out as many books as they would allow.  We would go straight home, snuggle up on the big cushy couch and read.  As we read, we talked about the letters and the sounds the words made. We talked about the characters and then would  retell the story. She would cheer loudly about how very bright we were.  So, of course my brother and I loved books and both grew up to be teachers. Can you imagine the difference it would make in our kid's and student's lives if we could pass this love of reading on to them? Hopefully I can help you do this as I post reading lessons and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment